The Progetto Parthenias aims to bring closer to the mysterious world of popular music, singing and dance from Campania, with workshops and live gigs. Training sessions will cover the various styles of “Tammurriata”.
Who are Maria Gerarda and Alessandro?
Musicist, dancer born in Napoli, 1984.
Graduating in Session Musician at Music Academy 2000, Bologna
From 2009 he partecipated in the annual celebrations of popular tradition and in the various village festivals in the province of Naples, learning the different styles of “ncopp o tamburo” (tammurriata)
- Dancer: he worked with Calìmma (at the Italian embassy in Riyadh, Arabia Saudita), Tarantarte, Rachele Andrioli e Rocco Nigro, Bassamusica, Scacciapensieri, etc.
- He performed during national and international festivals: Festival in Campania “Notte della Tammorra 2012-2013”, Lazio, Emilia Romagna, Riyadh (Arabia Saudita)
- In the field of dance he studied:
Pizzica and tarantelle from southern Italy with Silvia De Ronzo;
Study and composition of the basic dance steps of Pizzica and Tarantelle from southern Italy with Maristella Martella;
Pizzica pizzica and fencing dance with Progetto Satyria; Tarantella montemaranese with “Tarantella Montemaranese School”; Tammurriata Terzignese with la Paranza Terzignese; Tarantella calabrese (Calabrian) in Riggitano a Cataforio (RC) style; Tarantella del Gargano, pizzica pizzica from bassa Murgia and Breton dances during the festival Capodanze 2011 (FG).
- Musicist: he worked with Maria Gerarda Cavezza, Angela Finotello, Marco Smorra, Scacciapensieri, Valtura, MrHope folk project, Mamaragoo, Pop Gun Live Band, Red House Blues Band, etc.
- In the field of music he studied:
Session musician and Pop bass with Music Academy 2000;
Jazz bass basic with Antonio Napolitano;
Didgeridoo with Alessandro Leone; looping techniques with TribalNeed; techniques on frame drums with Luca Rossi.
Maria Gerarda Cavezza
From 2010 she also partecipated in the annual celebrations of popular tradition and in the various village festivals in the province of Naples, learning the different styles of “ncopp o tamburo” (tammurriata).
She attended workshops conduced by Ashai Lombardo Arop;
and the Taranta Atelier, theater-dance workshops held by the choreographer Maristella Martella.
She performed in “La Notte della Tammorra 2012-2013” organized by Carlo Faiello with Scacciapensieri;
and during theater-dance show choreographed by Maristella Martella.